Urban Design Forum invited the parties (Liberal, Labor, Nationals, Democrats, Greens) to put forward their thoughts for this edition. Initially their representatives all indicated an interest in the subject, and were keen to submit a contribution. However, despite followups, only the Democrats (see page 2) managed to produce any information by deadlines, as extended. Maybe they are too busy preparing for the election! So instead, this edition also includes a number of articles that may stimulate questions you could usefully put to your local candidates – before you cast your vote.
In Issue 79:
- A plethora of plebiscites?
- A view from that ‘other’ Commonwealth
- Book Review: Designing Australia’s Cities
- Brisbane CBD in spotlight again
- Cost/benefit assessment of Melbourne 2030
- From Urban Design to Urban Delivery –some trends from Europe
- Governor’s Island New York – visions for “The park at the centre of the world”
- How should public transport in Melbourne be organised?
- PM Howard, PM Rudd – are you listening?
- Sustainable cities
- The Democrats say…
- Urban Design London
- Urban design and politics