UDL is based on the premise that good urban design is about creating places people like – places that feel safe, comfortable and are accessible for everyone to use; places that can be valued by local communities, can flourish economically and make optimal use of their resources. UDL activities include:
- seminars, masterclasses, e-learning and learn-at-work sessions
- regular networking events where Authority officers and Councillors can meet, share experiences and support each other
- facilitating events for Design Champions
- an on line library of Urban Design books, guides and discussion documents
- an e-forum members can use to discuss issues of interest or pose questions.